Date & Time:
December 8th 2:00-4:00PM EST
2 Hour Webinar includes PowerPoint Presentation Shared With Attendees Prior to the Course
CPE Credits: 2
Field of Study: Finance
In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, CPE credits will be granted based on a 50-minute hour.
Government programs experienced rapid growth resulting in an increase in the percentage of total retail prescription drug costs from 20% in 2000 to approximately 50% in 2020. Pressure on gross-to-net sales (“GTN”) is escalating since government programs have the highest prescription drug rebates. The course is designed to enhance your knowledge of Market Access Dynamics, Medicare, Medicaid, & 340B and the impact on GTN from an accounting & finance perspective. Numerical examples are presented illustrating key concepts and practical applications. A case study will also be presented to enhance understanding of key considerations when negotiating PBM contracts.
By attending this course, you’ll learn about:
- Medicare Part B Rebates
- Buy and bill illustrative examples
- White, brown and clear bagging
- Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Insurance Program
- Medicare Part D Donut Hole – Estimating quarterly accruals and liability
- Fundamentals of Medicaid Drug Rebate Program (AMP, BP & URA)
- Implications of price increases on Medicaid Net Price and GTN
- Medicaid penny pricing
- 340B – ecosystem, double dipping and current developments
- Addressing Market Access Challenges
- Rebate walls
- ROI of PBM contracting scenarios
- PBM negotiating strategies
- Case study – negotiating rebates & market access with PBMs
- Implications of pending legislation
Presenter: Murray Kay
Murray Kay is the former Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer for Solvay Pharmaceuticals and the former Commercial Controller for AbbVie and Abbott Laboratories.Murray is highly regarded as a subject matter expert with in-depth knowledge of GTN.
Level of Knowledge: Basic
Advance Preparation: None
Refunds Cancellation & Dispute Resolutions: Refunds are granted for cancellations within 24 hours of the Webinar. The refunds for the entire fee will be processed via PayPal.